Kevin, I found out was prepared by his mission president who listened to promptings 2 weeks before. It's an amazing story if you want me to email it to you. Needless to say, because of the preparation, Kevin and his companion knew they had to turn off the gas after the quake. So they did and it was already leaking. I didn't even think about the gas, but one spark, or sleeping with the fumes can be instant deadlyness. I'm attaching a picture taken on March 1st, after the quake. Kevin is wearing a red tie five rows back.