Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Dad and Jingle all the way

I rarely saw my father cry, but in the years we lived with him, I do remember one time...it was when he watched Jingle All The Way.  If you haven't seen it, it's a Christmas movie about a father trying to get his son a Christmas gift he wants badly at the last minute.  The father in this movie seems to want approval from his wife and especially his son.  At the end of the movie the dad is dressed up in a costume just like the superhero toy he wants and the kid is telling everyone that's his dad and the kid is so proud of his dad and says it.  At that moment, I peeked into the living room and my Dad was crying buckets.  Sweet and cute moment that made me realize how he wanted to feel valued in his children's eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Followers



About Me

My photo
I raise kids of all kinds